Friday, July 6, 2007

/me wonders if the cheque can be cleared

Job Scope: Checked!
Job Hours: Fucked up but Checked!
Colleagues: 1st week: Checked! 2nd week: one on MC but still Checked!
3rd week: quit + quit + don't come cos 'broke' CHECKED! and when I mean 'broke' its because she dun get paid for her work.
When do I get paid: came in late but still Checked!
Whether the bloody cheque gets cleared um... um.... um...... in ffxi terms {I don't know how to
answer that question.}
To most people, starting a new job means a new experience, a new excitement, but as you work and as the week goes by you start to hear things on the phone like:

"Hi, I'm calling from so and so carpark, its regarding the cheque that was given to us for the season parking. The cheque has been bounced! Is there anyone I can talk to?"

or

"Hi, can I speak to so and so?"
"May I know what is this regarding?"
"Its regarding a cheque that you guys are supposed to send to me 2 months ago and why until now I haven't receive?"

or

"YOUR BOSS HAS BEEN TRYING TO AVOID ME FOR MONTHS REGARDING A REFUND THAT HE IS SUPPOSED TO SEND ME! WHY IS HE AVOIDING MY CALLS AND WHY DOESN'T PAY ME? ITS JUST A MEASELY SUM OF 400 DOLLARS? YOU BETTER TELL HIM HE BETTER PAY OR I'LL TAKE HIM TO COURT AGAIN!!" *puts down the phone*

or

In just one day alone, 10 to 8pm, every other hour you hear the same customer calling. Calling for the same reason.

or

You find that when you step into the office, when you try and make a call to somebody, you find the phone lines is cut off, or rather cannot call out. End up you have to make the call through your handphone cos the customer is in front of you and asking a question you are supposed to help with.


What do you think when all these kinda things happen to you at your new job. How would you feel? All this is just between the customer and the boss. But what happens when your boss tells you "Oh we also provide home service! If you have to travel to the customer's house and the price for the journey, we will surely reimburse you!" and then in the next instant your colleague tells you "No matter what, try not to do home service please. Its for your own good. Previously I went liao I come back try and claim for so long still haven't claim ah."

Then pay day for my colleagues comes. Instead of hearing them saying they managed to get paid, you hear them saying "Wah lao, dunno when the boss is going to pay me!! he owe me 2 mths salary le leh. Dunno whether should i come to work tomorrow."

And so the story goes on and on... and thus the title of today's blog. How would you feel when the most basic thing of working for the salary that comes in every month is so vague. How to really 拼 to do your work properly. how to remember every detail for clients you have served when at the back of your mind you are worried whether you are getting paid for the work you put in.

just in case you dunno wat i am writing bout, lol here's the link to something that i studied in poly and studying now in HRM at my school now

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs: http://changingminds.org/explanations/needs/maslow.htm

anyway, enuff ranting for now. definitely this is not the whole story that i'm supposed to write but tired lol... getting late into the night. so therefore enuff for tonight.

No comments: